Thursday, November 15, 2012

Angelville News November 13-16, 201

BON DIA
Week 11


First, I want to apologize for the late BLOG!


Second, when I see greatness in my students I have to share.  Currently we are working on Advice Articles in Writers Workshop.  This is a very different kind of writing that the students have not experienced before.  The students have chosen topics to write about and this week we have been working on the Intros to their Advice Articles.  This Intro I just loved!  And makes me a very happy teacher when I see that my students are really getting it.......

"Audrey has a problem, her favorite cat, Henry, has fur balls.  Henry goes outside a lot and that does not help.  There's going to be a cat show on Tuesday, just two days away.  The winner will get a trophy.  Audrey and her cat need to win, but Henry has fur balls, and they would never let Henry in the cat show with fur balls.  How is Audrey going to get Henry into the cat show?" WOW!  AWESOME!

*This Saturday night, St. Al's will celebrate our Galla Auction event.  I am hoping to see all of you there.  The class art project this year is OUTSTANDING!
*Next week is a short week.  We have two full days and then our traditional Thanksgiving feast where all are welcome to attend.  Lunch begins at 11am.  Our time to eat is about 11:20am.  Please come and enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner with your student in our cafeteria.  Please also read the email from our room moms about helping serve food.  School will dismiss Wednesday at noon.  If you would like to take your student earlier please visit the office and get an exit slip to bring to me so that I know you have taken your student.

READING:
I am going to begin a whole class book read.  The book that I have chosen is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  This is a higher level book, but nearing the Christmas season, a good one.  I will walk the students through this book for full understanding of Ebenezer Scrooges eerie encounters with special visitors and the transformation he goes through.  I will start the book after Thanksgiving break and we will finish it before Christmas, ending in watching the movie.  If you have concerns about reading this book please let me know before Monday, November 6.

No comments: