Monday, March 26, 2012

Angelville News, March 26-30, 2012



BON DIA



Week 28



Hope everyone had a nice long weekend!

The Pre-schoolers are watching butterflies go through all of their stages of life, many are beginning to come out of their cocoon. Such a miracle!



Few big things to note this week:



*Science Fair boards are due tomorrow, March 27.



*Science Fair Wednesday, March 28th from 5:30-7:30pm the 3/4 projects will be in the hall outside our rooms, students are required to be here to explain their projects.



*I have told the students that I will no longer accept papers with NO NAMES. If I receive a paper that does not have a name on it, I will place it in my grade book as a 0 (zero).



*I attended a seminar this past Friday on the Common Core Standards for each grade level in Math. These are standards that have been set for all students in each grade across the country. In my math class I am going back to check certain skills for 'mastery' For the time being I am removing math groups and going to go back to check for mastery on certain skills and then those students whom have mastered expected standards for 4th grade will continue to go on. If you have any questions about this please contact me. mizschmutz@gamil.com






-This week in Writers Workshop we are going to work on Fiction stories.



-In Readers Workshop we are looking at characters in our 'Just Right' Books. We are looking at when characters act 'Out of Character.' What does this mean? Why do we sometimes act out of our normal character?



-In Religion we continue to walk with Jesus through the Stations of the Cross, grades 2-8 will all be going to confession this Friday.






Have a great week, hope the sun shines on us all week long.

No comments: