Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Writing Samples - Fiction Stories



I spent yesterday assessing writing work the students had done just prior to break. We had been working on writing Fiction stories. Here are a few samples from their works that I thought were excellent:

"They hiked up the mountain with a curious mind."

"The sun set, the stars came out, a soft breeze drifted across Shane's back.

"They lived in a bright colored Candy Land, with gumdrop trees and marsh mellow bees."

"Her bed was a water bed, and it was made out of swirly, twirly chocolate.

"Get in the galley for breakfast, then get this ship shipshape after breakfast me maties."

"The dolphins dropped Eva off at the foot of the island."

"They hoped from block to block."

"I could feel the ice cold breath from this hideous monster pressing against me. I was powerless against the beast."


*Each time I read their new work I am blown away!!! Good stuff!












No comments: