Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ANGELVILLE NEWS


Bon Dia
Wednesday, November 12
Week 11
Welcome back to school! Yesterday I kept thinking it was Sunday. A break in the week is such a nice little treat. I was able to accomplish so much that I am usually not able to do during the regular work week. I hope you all had a nice day with your children as well.
Thank You Charlotte and Gail for taking care of the JELL-O for our Thanksgiving Dinner, much appreciated.
This Week In the NEWS:
In Religion we are writing about times we have broken promises and kept promises and what the consequences were, from broken promise. We are also going to make collages illustrating how the commandments are broken in society today.
In math we are working on multiplying 2 and 3 digits, decimals, and algebraic expressions, this all depends upon which group your child is in. Each group will be taking a chapter test in the next few days. Either Friday, Monday or Tuesday.
In Social Studies we are locating regions of Washington. The students will be creating their own maps and keys. I have spoken with my Uncle who is in the shipping business here in Seattle and in San Francisco. I am in talks with him about taking the kids on a Field Trip down to the shipping yard. I will let you know as things progress.
Maniac Magee has come to an end, or will on Friday. I will give the students a review guide over the book and there will be a final test on Monday. From there we are going to do some Creative Writing based on Fables next week, and then we will break up into reading groups and each group will begin a new book.
Enjoy the rest of your week! Hope to see you all at the AUCTION GALA!!
NO HOT LUNCH THURSDAY OR FRIDAY!

No comments: