Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If Your're Not From.....


Little over a week ago my students heard a story called, If You're Not From the Prairie. They then wrote about places they have been/ lived and know so well that this place has now become a part of them. Here is one student's writing of their special place.


If You Haven't been to Boston


If you haven't been to Boston you don't know the cold.

The swift winter wind, that blows in your face.

If you haven't been to Boston you don't know the beaches,

the fun sandy beaches, on the coast of Massachusetts.

If you haven't been to Boston you don't know my grandpa,

my fun loving grandpa with his great big beard that is white as snow.

If you haven't been to Boston you don't know my friends.

who love to play and dance.

When I leave Boston I will remember it!

The winter wind, the sandy beaches, my fun loving grandpa,

and my friends who love to play.


by, 4th grade student

No comments: