Monday, October 6, 2008

ANGELVILLE NEWS



BON DIA

Week 6, October 6-10th


This week Daniel will be the Rock Star of the Week. Daniel has been a great role model in the classroom and is eager to help his peers. Daniel is interested in his classmates and their talents. He has been a joy!


We are well into the year now and routines seem to be running pretty smoothly. This week we will be working on the Descriptive Writing, using our senses as we write. The students will be writing about "The Best Part of Me," modeled after a book written by students who have written short descriptions about themselves. These will be on display during parent/teacher conferences.


We have started the second part of Maniac Magee. I will post the weeks Maniac Magee assignments as well. We continue to enjoy Jeffrey's journey through life as a young boy living primarily on the streets. I have also completed my reading assessments and will have those to share at parent/teacher conferences.


In religion the students have found New Testament stories in groups where Jesus shows forgiveness and is living out the Beatitudes in his life as an example for us.


In Social Studies we have located different cities on maps using longitude and latitude. This week we will begin working in groups starting the Five themes of geography in Washington. In Science we continue to complete our Salmon unit. Each group has taken one of the life cycles of the salmon and will present this cycle to the class in more detail based on physical characteristics and where the salmon is living or traveling during each life stage. We have used the computer lab to gather information and pictures of each stage. I have asked each group to bring in one poster board to present their stage with pictures, information, and a life-like visual representation. This will be completed in class.


Parent/Teacher conferences begin Wednesday, October 15th and will continue through the 16th. There will be no school October 15th - 17th.


Being that we do not have the Internet in our classrooms, I try and check my e-mail in the staff lounge each day. I try to check my email during lunch or after school when computers are available. Once I receive your email I will try and get back to you within 24 hours. I appreciate all of your support for your child and our school. Please send me an e-mail or note in the student planner if you have any questions, or the best way in which I can contact you. My e-mail is mizschmutz@gmail.com


I look forward to meeting all of my families,

Miz Schmutz

No comments: